Sunday, January 11, 2015





Day 43 post fast


As planned the huge piece of pork  (5.89 kg) was cooked to perfection, even the fat was wobbly.  I carved myself 2 modest slices adding 2 small roast potatoes and 2 whole brown onions, just following apart obviously trying to impress me.

I ate 2 halves of a roast potato, 3 rings from an onion succulent as could be and a teaspoon of the glorious fat with a small strand of pig attached. And that was it. I couldn't eat anymore. I felt full but I wasn't to be beaten. I then had a cup of Echo and a whole hot cross bun with heaps of butter ( there's never enough butter). But today there was. Suddenly I had a reflux. Not too strong but this a warning type one. I was mortified.

I slept sitting up. My cough that had been gone for almost 6 weeks returned by morning, windpipe damaged by acid. Went back to sleep for 5 more hours woke up feeling sickly then had a shower. I felt much better. Phoned up number 4 daughter and accepted her offer to drive her to the best cheap chinese restaurant in Sydney Yong Jings Kitchen Enlightenment in Kingsford and to pay the bill. I was very grateful. She brought along her aunt and her aunts young daughter from the country. We ordered 6 meals, prawns in an omelette, crispy chicken, brisket beef in a broth, various beans and cabbage, seriously ripped beef in Suchan spices and a pancake which I never tried plus a container of steaming rice. $93. We took away 3 doggy containers, 1 was rice.

We then went on a pleasant drive around the eastern suburbs beaches finishing up on the reservoir plateau at Dover Height. Amid lots of oohs and amazings we took the required amount of pics then down to Harry's Cafe on Wheels sitting in front of Australian warships docked in Garden Island. There I shared a few chips and gravy taken from the still hungry adolescent. Home by 9.30 and a thin slice of gluten free Christmas cake followed by some unimpressive Swiss cheese and a banana. Oh I forgot and half a 600 ml bottle of Solo and half a cup of Echo with milk and cream.Cough gone again but can feel a rising acid. Took 1 Quick-Eze.

 Here are the results. Blood/glucose 11.6 mmol/L @midnight. Take again in the morning.   Ketones 0 /negative. Weight 92.4 kg, a gain of 2.6 kg in one day. Blood Pressure 101/67 pulse 95. Much lower than yesterday. Funny that.

 I feel bloated.



No comments: