Sunday, December 14, 2014



Day 15.  27 days left.

Interesting, I've been thinking a lot about food today but I'm not really hungry. Brain must be worried I've forgotten how to find food.

Blood/glucose at 4.9. Ketones the same at 8. BP 129/89. Just come in from bending over pulling weeds, even so that's looking good for me. Before the fast I'm often around 160/90. Weight started to move again. Now down to 103 kg. Waist back up to 48 inches. Does'nt make sense. Fat must be coming off everywhere except the gut.

I never really tried any other drugs except marijuana. Late starter there too. About 25 think. I was sharing a flat with an ex-policeman and 2 male Scottish school teachers in Hampstead in north London. The bobby did the buying for me even after the flat broke up. One day he gave me his block of hashish by mistake. At the time I was sharing a house with 8 other Londoners all keen to have a smoke. The biggest one had just bought an LP called 'Blues from Laurel Canyon' by John Mayall and was eager to hear it stoned. So we all piled into his tiny room after having a few drags. Nobody took any notice that the hash had white dots in it and it soon became obvious that this was some seriously good shit as they say.

It was amazing. I went to Mars. Don't know why I knew it was Mars but I did. And it was Mars before the jump. It was beautiful. I remember running through a field of tall grass with my arms up and my fingers open and as I did all the colors of the rainbow billowed out from between them. Just so wonderous. And the music made it all something I'll never forget.

The ex-policeman came by the next day too late to retrieve his block. The white dots were opium and we had all just tasted Kabul, the finest hashish from undefeatable Afghanistan.

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
   An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
      Go, go, go like a soldier,
      Go, go, go like a soldier,
      Go, go, go like a soldier,
         So-oldier of the Queen!  

Rudyard Kipling


Who are these creeps who would stop such moments.

It's about 27 years since I last had alcohol, marijuana, caffeine or tobacco or any other stimulant.  (1987).
What a waste of 27 years.
But it was for a good reason.


No comments: