Monday, December 15, 2014




Day 16.

Blood glucose at 4.4. Dangerous level. Supposedly.  Blood pressure 128/75. Amazing. Weight still at 103 kg. Gut still 48 inches. I feel much lighter.

Today I had an unexpected run. After parking my car up near Williams street I ran about 1.5 km into the city to pick up the gold for my family to take to Japan tomorrow. The city centre was blocked off by police due to the hostage situation in Martin Place and I only had 30 minutes to get to the sellers before they closed. They are located one block away from the the cordon outer perimeter on Pitt street. Surprisingly I did it with ten minutes to spare though I suffered.

On the way back I ambled through Martin Place and stood for a while with the onlookers watching the media frenzy. Dozens of different news outlets excitedly spieling their wares. The amount of equipment must of run into the millions. Huge antennas, hot spotlights. Some of the scenes were newsworthy themselves. One reporter impressed me though. She stood in the middle of the road with her phone obviously talking to camera as if she had all the expensive gear backing her up. Clever girl.

Maybe one day this will be the norm. Certainly make for cheaper reporting and even more reporters. Passers-by reporting, live online. Everyone becomes a potential reporter.

I walked back through Hyde Park where marquees were set up possibly for meals and crates of water were being moved by a small army of emergency workers. The preparation for such an event was being executed as planned. The radio said about 600 personnel were involved from traffic controllers to fire trucks to heavily armed police squads and ambulances. Some one knew this would happen.

Religions. They're all deadly.
And expensive.







No comments: